A single serving brownie, ready in 10 minutes?? The perfect antidote to a random chocolate craving?? YES indeed it is. As with my single serving deep-dish cookie recipe, this one is SO easy and bloody delicious.
The method is simple: warm the coconut oil and syrup in the baking dish you’re going to use by popping it into the oven for 1 few minutes. Next, mix in the remaining ingredients (flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, salt) to make a dough and press in a healthy handful of chocolate chips. Bake for 5-6 minutes and there you have it! A simple, single-serve chocolate brownie which just happens to be vegan.
Healthy(ish) Single-Serve Brownie (vegan)
- 1 tsp coconut oil or neutral oil (or butter – obvs butter isn't vegan, but it does the job for non-vegans)
- 1 tbsp maple syrup, golden syrup, agave syrup or honey (the honey- again, isn't strictly vegan)
- pinch of baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 4 tsp whole wheat flour , (or all purpose, or white whole wheat)
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- ~1 tbsp chocolate chips or chopped chocolate , (I go for 70% upwards)
- Put the first 2 ingredients into a ramekin/any small oven proof dish thing. Put onto a baking tray and then into an oven which is preheating to 350°F (180°C), for 1 minute just so the coconut oil melts.1 tsp coconut oil or neutral oil, 1 tbsp maple syrup, golden syrup, agave syrup or honey
- Remove from the oven and stir in the baking powder and salt, then the flour and cocoa (it's easier if your ramekin/dish has high edges. If it's too hard to mix, just pour the contents into a small bowl, mix and smooth into the ramekin/dish).pinch of baking powder, pinch of salt, 4 tsp whole wheat flour, 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- Smooth the dough in the dish and scatter over the chocolate chips, pressing them in slightly. Bake for 5-6 minutes, until it has risen slightly, and is still pretty soft in the centre (you really don’t want to over-bake it; under-baked is waay better than over-baked in this case). Eat while still warm.~1 tbsp chocolate chips or chopped chocolate
– replace the coconut oil with 2 tsp of almond butter (or another nut butter)
– replace the flour with 1 tbsp of ground almonds