Peanut Butter Cup S’moreo Bars (I think that’s about 4 separate desserts combined)
What is a s’moreo? Well it’s just a s’more made with oreos instead of graham crackers.
But then I transformed into a cookie bar, and layered with peanut butter and chopped peanut butter cups too.
5 layers of pure enjoyment: crushed oreo base, peanut butter, milk chocolate, toasted marshmallows, chopped peanut butter cups.
Minimal skill, time and ingredients required = maximal enjoyment.
Fair warning though – you might want to tell people that the bars contain oreos….that dark base can be extremely misleading (i.e. I think everyone thinks they’re majorly burnt when they see them)
– To crush the oreos either:
– blend in a food processor or blender, until you get a ‘sandy’ texture
– Place in a zip-lock / freezer bag and bash/roll over with a rolling pin (or your fists of hungry-rage!) until most of it is quite ‘sandy’ in texture.
– If you cba to put the pb cups on top (I only did it for the visuals), just scatter them on at the same as the chocolate chips
– You can, of course, use more / less peanut butter, chocolate, marshmallows or peanut butter cups.
– You can sub the chopped peanut butter cups for chopped snickers bars or those super awesome mini pb cups
– To make these vegan friendly use: coconut oil instead of butter, dairy free milk (like soy/almond), vegan marshmallows, vegan chocolate chips and omit pb cups (or use vegan, if you can find/make them)
Peanut Butter Cup S’moreo Bars
For the oreo base:
- 24 oreos crushed
- 2 tbsp butter / coconut oil melted
- 2 tbsp milk (any kind)
For the toppings:
- 1/2 cup (8 tbsp) peanut butter warmed
- 1/2 cup (90g) milk / semisweet chocolate chips or chopped chocolate
- 24 large marshmallows (or vegan marshmallows) halved (or ~2 cups mini marshmallows)
- 6 peanut butter cups chopped (see notes)
- Preheat your oven to 180°C fan (350°F fan). Line a 20 or 23 cm (8 or 9-inch) square tin with foil or baking paper. Spray with oil (or use a pastry brush to brush the oil on). Set aside.
To make the base:
- Combine the crushed (see notes) oreos with the melted butter and milk.24 oreos, 2 tbsp butter / coconut oil, 2 tbsp milk
- Scatter the mixture evenly into the lined pan and press down. Bake for 6 minutes.
- Once baked, immediately spread the warmed peanut butter over the oreo base. Evenly scatter the chocolate chips over the peanut butter. Completely cover with the halved marshmallows (or mini marshmallows), placing them cut side down.1/2 cup (8 tbsp) peanut butter, 1/2 cup (90g) milk / semisweet chocolate chips or chopped chocolate, 24 large marshmallows (or vegan marshmallows)
- Place under a broiler (oven grill) for under 1 minute to toast the marshmallows (watch them closely!) – mine took around 30 seconds.
- Remove from the oven and immediately scatter the chopped peanut butter cups over the marshmallow layer.6 peanut butter cups
- Allow to cool a bit then cut into 16 bars.