I’m assuming that quite a lot of people will get a cold/’flu in the coming months and I thought I’d share a recipe for a marvellous soup with some garlicy tortilla triangles for dipping. It’s a triple-carb affair (naturally) because your body needs the fuel so, yes, now is the time to eat chickpeas, pasta and bread in one meal. There are veggies in there too and it’s the perfect base to add some shredded chicken or tofu to if you desire (I was too preoccupied by watching Charmed on netflix to bother with adding anything else).
Healing Green Tea & Chickpea Soup with Garlic Tortilla TrianglesPrint
- 2 cups vegetable or chicken stock
- 2 small carrots , , sliced
- 1/2 stick celery , , finely chopped
- 1/2 (14 oz) can chickpeas, drained + rinsed
- 1 tsp chopped basil
- a handful kale , , stems removed, thinly sliced
- 1 oz angel hair spaghetti , , broken into short lengths
- 1 bag green tea
- black pepper
- 1 wholemeal tortilla
- 1 small clove garlic , , halved lengthways
- coconut spray oil
- sea salt
- In a small pot bring the stock to the boil. Add the carrots, celery and chickpeas then cook for 8 minutes. Add the basil, kale and spaghetti then stir together and drop in the green tea bag. Cook for 5 minutes or until the noodles are cooked. Remove the tea bag, season the soup with black pepper and set aside to cool down a bit whilst you prep the tortilla.
- Spray the tortilla with a light coating of coconut oil (or just brush some vegetable oil over the surface). Rub the cut side of the garlic clove over the tortilla and sprinkle with a pinch of salt. Place the tortilla in a hot, non-stick pan over a high heat and fry for 2-3 minutes with the oiled side face-down. Brush/spray the other side of the tortilla with oil and rub with garlic then flip it over and fry again for 2-3 minutes. Remove the hot tortilla from the pan and cut into triangles with a pair of scissors. Serve warm with the soup.