Ah exam period. This is probably the most stressed and busy I’ve been since A-levels. Probably something to do with how I have NINETY credits of modules this semester vs 30 credits last semester! My poor brain. I keep telling people to not give me any more facts because my brain cannot handle any more information. Luckily I’ve found the key to staying on track with revision is meal planning with my housemates and prepping breakfasts whenever possible but ESPECIALLY for exam days.
This is where overnight oats come in – my saviour. I can make them in a few minutes the night before my exams so that it’s prepped and ready for me in the morning. That means that I’m less freaked out because I have more time to actually read through my notes in the morning as I shove oats into my mouth. Yeah that’s right, I’m gloating about overnight oats – it’s an OAT GLOAT.
Anywho I teamed up with Quaker Oats UK to bring this post to you – they provided the super cute jar I used for the oats which is now my designated overnight oat jar. It’s got lil figs on the outside which was what inspired me to mix up my usual, plain overnight oats. If you’re in the UK, you can claim one of these specially designed jars by buying one of the promotional 1kg box of Quaker Porridge Oats OR by entering the competition below where you can win 5x of the specially designed jars. Just follow the instructions in the rafflecopter box below to enter!
For the fig jam:
- 100 g dried figs
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- pinch of salt
For the oats:
- 40 g (1/2 cup) Quaker's fine porridge oats
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) milk, any kind (I used oat milk!)
- 1 green apple , , shredded
For the Hazelnut crunch:
- 80 g Quaker's fine porridge oats
- 30 g hazelnuts , , roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp honey or maple syrup
- pinch of salt
Make the jam:
- Soak the figs in hot water for at least 30 minutes until softened. Drain and blend until smooth, adding a bit of water as needed, to get a paste. Blend in the cinnamon and a pinch of salt - set aside.
Make the oats:
- In a bowl, mix the oats, milk and apple together. Set aside.
Make the hazelnut crunch:
- In a medium frying pan, toast the 80g of oats and roughly chopped hazelnuts over a medium heat whilst stirring, until they smell toasty. Add the olive oil, honey and salt to the pan and continue to stir until the oats are completely coated. Stir for 30 seconds more then remove from the heat
- Layer a few teaspoons of the fig jam into a jar and top with the oat mixture. Cover and place in the fridge overnight. In the morning sprinkle with the hazelnut crunch (and some extra apple) just before you dig in!
* Thanks so much to Quaker Oats UK for sponsoring this post! All opinions are my own
31 thoughts on “Fig Jam, Apple & Hazelnut Crunch Overnight Oats”
I love pear and cardamom in my oats.
Wonderful recipe! Thank you ^.^
Lately I’ve been mixing up my oats with some cashew milk and a little ground ginger and then topping my bowl with stewed berries and sliced almonds. It is the perfect early spring breakfast. Can’t wait to try your version!
Strawberries or raspberries, chia, almond milk and almond coconut butter is my favourite 🙂
I love simple cinnamon, and a touch of brown sugar.
Yum, how many would this serve?
the oats will serve 1 but the jam and topping will serve 3-4 🙂 Just keep the jam in a clean container in the fridge and keep the topping in an airtight jar at room temp
Great, thanks love!
Super Delicious! I love fig jam.
freeze dried raspberries and honey <3
Yum! I love almond butter and chocolate hips… can’t go wrong
How do you shred your apples so beautifully?
A mandoline with the teeth medium attachment blade!
I love chucking in whatever I have in the cupboard but at the moment I love mixed fruit, almond butter and hazelnuts.
Y U M
Right now, frozen blueberries (til fresh ones come into season), flax seeds, a ton of cinnamon, and a little vanilla.
I love my overnight with vajilla protein, pecan & no added sugar Orange marmelade ✌✌
I just love peanut butter and cacao oats with raisins and flaked almonds- tastes just like fruit and nut chocolate to me!
Hi Izzy, made this using dried apricots, because that’s what I had. It was delicious, thank you. I am so getting one of those cute jars! Much luck with your exams. Good nutrition always helps ☺
My favourite is overnight oats with almond milk, a little maple syrup and a blueberry chia jam.
Going to try this recipe out for tomorrow morning!
I love a mix of quinoa and oats, coconut almond milk, almond butter and tons of cinnamon. Topped with hemp seeds and coconut flakes. SO GOOD
I am a fan of apple pie flavors/components in overnight oats… and chocolate!
Good luck on your exams 🙂
My favorite overnight oats flavor is pretty simple- almonds and brown sugar and dried cranberries, reminds me of a kicked-up-a-notch oatmeal cookie.
I love oats with fruit shake lately. I just mix it and leave for the night. So good. Good luck with all the exams!
Raspberries and almonds for me!
strawberry rhubarb currently! yumm
Gostei da receita super prática e saudável para quem está fugindo das guloseimas no café da manhã.
It looks so yummyyy!!! Would you like to try our Fig Nougat as well? We’d love to get your comments on it 🙂
Comments are closed.