So apparently, nature decided to create a thing called wisdom teeth.
Yeah, that’s totally happening. I have a wisdom tooth growing in…
…and I’m completely terrified.
You’d think the key word – ‘wisdom’ – would imply knowledge gaining, and being waaay sassier than ever before.
As I had previously not known, wisdom teeth are actually apparently a nightmare. Maybe the name refers to the ‘wisdom’ you gain about the horrible experience you’re probably about to embark upon, once you’ve Googled ‘wisdom teeth’.
The Wikipedia page is pretty much 100% dedicated to how terrible they are.
The worst thing of all: this tooth only just started growing in like 3 days ago, and before that I was blissfully unaware of the fact that:
a) Wisdom teeth can start growing in even when you’re 16 – my age :'(
b) It will most likely be a painful experience
So now, I’m just savouring these last few days / weeks before the suffering begins. I finally know how Barney feels after his slapbet with Marshall in How I Met Your Mother.
Oh gahd. What if it’s not over by Christmas 🙁 I won’t be able to make and eat these heavenly things.
Please. Help. Me.
Anyways, on a less depressing, scary note: I made cookies! and filled them with super fine goodness, a.k.a nutella and that salted caramel I made a while ago.
And yes, I made .gifs.
– you can find the salted caramel recipe here (don’t worry, it’ll lits take less than 15 minutes)
– alternatively, you can melt 1/2 cup of soft caramels with 2-3 tbsp of milk and use that to fill the cookies, or just put a caramel-filled chocolate (like rolos or something) into the middle of the cookie with the nutella.
- 1/2 cup (110g) butter
- 1 1/2 cups (350g) light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (55g) cocoa powder
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 2 cups (260g) all-purpose flour
- 3.5 oz (100g) milk or dark chocolate chips
- flaky salt/ fleur de sel/ maldon salt , , for sprinkling
- approx. 1/2 cup , (8 tbsp) nutella
- 1 x recipe for Salted caramel , (see notes for recipe) OR 15-16 caramel-filled chocolates
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C)
- In a medium saucepan, melt the butter. Take off the heat and stir in the brown sugar and eggs. Then add the cocoa, salt and baking powder and stir until well combined. Add the flour and stir until no floury patches are left. Lastly stir in the chocolate chips.
- Make the caramel, if using (see notes for recipe)
- Take 1 heaped tbsp of dough, use your finger make a large indentation the centre of the dough; fill the indentation with a small blob of nutella (like 1/2 tsp ish), and top it up with the still-warm salted caramel, or a caramel-filled chocolate. Top with a flattened tablespoon of dough, and seal the edges. (see .gifs below recipe)
- Sprinkle with fleur de sel and bake for 8-10 minutes.
Fill with nutella.
Then some warm caramel.
Top it, and seal it.