These frozen mango & apple daqs are just SOSOSOSO perfect for the boiling hot (okay it’s 23 C..but that’s hot for the UK, man) and double up as a dessert due to the fact that they’re basically boozy mango sorbet. Of course the rum is easy to just leave out if you’re feeling the virgin cocktail vibe instead.
- One , medium, ripe mango, peeled, and roughly chopped
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) water
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) cloudy pressed apple juice
- 1 lime , zested and juiced
- 2 tbsp agave syrup (optional)
- 2 oz (60 ml) ( golden or white rum (I used golden)
Start prep a few hours in advance as you have to freeze the mixture.
- In a food processor blend together the chopped mango, water, apple juice, lime juice and half of the lime zest (reserve the rest for garnish) until smooth. Taste the mixture - if it isn't sweet enough add the agave and blend again until combined.
- Pour the mixture into an empty ice cube tray and freeze until solid (at least 5-6 hours).
- When you're ready to make the cocktails - place the frozen mango purée cubes into a blender with the rum and blitz until smooth and creamy. Pour into two glasses and serve (garnished with the reserved lime zest, if you want).