Lets get real.
I am terrible at writing. Honestly, this is the hardest part for me
I literally have about 4 posts’ worth of content ready to go
But the writing
is fracking slowing me down!!
And then I see things on pinterest, where someone has pinned my recipe and is all “you have to scroll ALL THE WAY down the page to get to the recipe” in the comment below it
and I’m just like
all food blogs have this layout, I think that we ALL know by now that recipes lie at the bottom of the page. Oh my god, you don’t have to be so passive aggressive about it.
Anyway, seeming as I find it so hard to write about real things, that’s why what I write here also a) hardly makes sense b) is extremely random and c) is often contains lists and rhetorical questions.
So today, because I can’t even begin to use my brain properly after those exams (5 down, 2 to go!!), we are just having real talk ’bout my life.
Top tip!: If you just. want. the. recipe. you can get it by scrolling all the way to the bottom of the page! 😐
(p.s. flat face emoticon is my fave)
Below: Real life, lunch life – iPhone, milk jug, Tartine Bread Recipe Book.
But it gets even more real.
Sourdough makes this happen:
I’m on half term at the moment (in the UK you get a week off every 5-7 weeks) so I preemptively decided to get a sourdough started going! (which you may have seen if you follow me on instagram)
So I have basically taken over part of the counter permanently for bread.
what am I even doing
I’m going on my first beach holiday in like 4 years, in about 2 months time.
and NOW I decide “Hey you know what I need? More carbs (hot, sour, delicious, delicious carbs), which I will eat. With butter.”
Real choices. Real life.
I guess I’m just going to have to get in more cardio… 😐
That is mega real.
Along with bread, I am also fueling my life with soundtracks.
I get obsessed pretty quickly, and just listen to whole albums on repeat. My current top ones are :
Purity Ring – Shrines
MS MR – Second Hand Rapture (their new album, OMG so perfect. But I can’t figure out the lyrics to one of the songs. It sounds like she’s saying “lavender haze draw in vanilla turkish gaze” and I’ve asked loads of people and NO ONE CAN HEAR WHAT SHE’S SAYING)
Vampire Weekend – Modern Vampires of the City (ofc, espesh Step)
and Dog is Dead – All Our Favourite Stories.
And hey look, I’ve reached the bottom of the page! Look at that.
I do have a recipe coming soon for something sweet, and it also involves peanut butter, and a properly styled set up, but I thought I’d just mush this quick post in here to let you know I’m still alive, and making food and photographing it for you.
You can bake this in the skillet that you fry things in (if the skillet is oven proof), or put the fried ingredients into a small oven proof dish, top with the ricotta and eggs and bake it in that.
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic
- a sprig fresh thyme, , leaves removed from the stem
- 1/4 a leek, (1/4 an onion)
- 1/2 a chargrilled pepper, (or just 1/2 a pepper)
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp ricotta
- 1 tbsp milk
- 2 large handfuls of spinach
- salt and pepper
- Preheat the broiler in your oven, place the rack in the top third of the oven.
- Peel and mince the garlic clove, and finely slice the leek into rounds. Fry over a medium heat with the olive oil and thyme in a small skillet until the leek is softened. Slice up the pepper into small squares, and add to the skillet. Add the spinach too, and heat on a low flame until wilted.
- Stir together the milk and ricotta, pour into the middle of the skillet (see notes), crack in the two eggs. Season generously with salt and pepper. Place under the broiler for a few minutes just until the whites have cooked.