You can bake this in the skillet that you fry things in (if the skillet is oven proof), or put the fried ingredients into a small oven proof dish, top with the ricotta and eggs and bake it in that.
Baked Eggs with Spinach, Ricotta, Leek and Chargrilled PepperPrint
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic
- a sprig fresh thyme , , leaves removed from the stem
- 1/4 a leek , (1/4 an onion)
- 1/2 a chargrilled pepper , (or just 1/2 a pepper)
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp ricotta
- 1 tbsp milk
- 2 large handfuls of spinach
- salt and pepper
- Preheat the broiler in your oven, place the rack in the top third of the oven.
- Peel and mince the garlic clove, and finely slice the leek into rounds. Fry over a medium heat with the olive oil and thyme in a small skillet until the leek is softened. Slice up the pepper into small squares, and add to the skillet. Add the spinach too, and heat on a low flame until wilted.
- Stir together the milk and ricotta, pour into the middle of the skillet (see notes), crack in the two eggs. Season generously with salt and pepper. Place under the broiler for a few minutes just until the whites have cooked.