- Soo been AWOL for bit cos of visiting Dungeness for my dad’s birthday. Dungeness is an area of Kent (by the coast in the south of England) where the sea has receded and left this huge flat plain of shingle with random abandoned sea huts and boats everywhere. There are also multiple lighthouses, and a huge nuclear power plant, military training grounds and a mini tram/train thing that goes right past the house (it’s called Shingle House – part of the Living Architecture group) where we were staying. It all adds up to an eerily desolate/peaceful/windy place. Kinda cool, kinda creepy.
Warning for easily tired scrollers – lots of photos ahead.
(check out that megastar napkin folding above, by me. It’s literally my only contribution to decorating tables, but makes me seem foncy as)
- Then I went to Paris with my friends, came back to London to make a super cool post for you (coming sooon) and also WENTBACKTOSCHOOL. My last year of secondary school.#@’!&%&£)!?/|\#}!!!11!!
- There are 3 rolls of film (a total of 96 exposures..) that need developing now. Two of which didn’t roll back into the canister properly so I’m now going to have to walk into Boots and hand them a film canister wrapped in foil and dodgily just leave.
- I’ve learnt that when your train is delayed by an hour, you get free crisps and a snickers bar! hella yes.
- I’ve also found out that I can make scarily good scones when I don’t follow a recipe or measure things. I feel like my mum’s nonna who apparently would just dump things into bowls and mix them together then magically make consistently good cakes and cookies (so yes, I’m saying I feel like an Italian grandmother). Caj humblebrag.
- I have found my favourite new app – CityMapper. It is THE BEST THING for commuting in London, and they’ve just added New York too. It tells you the nearest tube stations, bus stops, an updated schedule for public transport, how much it’ll cost with your oyster card and loads of cool little things. Plus it has a super sleek design. I can’t live without it.
- BREAKING BAD IS BREAKING MY MIND. AHHH. AH. (oh and I’ve latched onto Homeland. There are just so many plot twists.)
- Caramelized peaches are now one of my favourite things since making them at the start of the summer. Jessica has made them even more ridiculously delicious by adding crumble, cream and BroWnED BUtTER!? (made me crave them so much, I had to go broil a peach to eat whilst finishing this post)
- Cinnamon-almond butter buns with bittersweet chocolate. I don’t know if there are anymore words that could be more perfect together.
- Can we get real? When an ice cream is also carrot cake, and is served between two ginger cookies, it is a good thing.
- Grilled kale. GRILLED KALE AND CHEESE TORTILLAS. CAPS LOCK EXCITEMENT!!
- The sweetest post by Ashlae (think diamonds and danishes)
- Lemon desserts = my jam. I think this recipe for the Best Lemon Poppy Seed Bread will be making its way into mah belly very soon.
- Music: COMPLETELY addicted to both of Kisses’ albums. But fave songs are ‘Huddle’ and ‘Bermuda’:
- Also been playing ‘XXX 88’ by MØ feat. Diplo on repeat for days: